Reasons to drink tea
Medical studies at Harvard Medical School and UCLA's School of Medicine confirmed that green tea may slow down the spread of prostate cancer and esophageal cancer. A study at Oregon State University indicated that green tea and white tea may help fight colon cancer. There have been numerous other medical studies that confirm possible benefits of tea in fighting leukemia and Alzheimer's Disease. Other studies have focused on potential benefits for lowering "bad" cholesterol and protecting against heart disease.
Without question, it has the benefit of less caffeine than coffee. Many coffee drinkers complain of caffeine jitters which can easily be resolved by switching to tea.
Eight Important Reasons to Drink Tea
1. Tea contains the antioxidants which fight off the free radicals that cause damage in your body. All have these to a certain extent. However, white and green tea has more than black does. When free radicals are left to wreak havoc in your body they can cause many problems to happen including cancer.
2. A cup of tea has far less caffeine than coffee does. This means you can drink more in a day without over doing it than coffee. A cup of coffee has about 100mg of caffeine. Whereas the black tea has about 50mg or less of caffeine, green tea has about 30mg or less of caffeine, and oolong is 35mg or less of caffeine in a cup. You can even get decaffeinated if you want to completely eliminate caffeine.
3. Black tea can help reduce how much cortisol (a stress hormone) there is in the body. This helps you react to stressful situations more effectively.
4. Green and black teas have been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the digestive system as well as other systems of the body. The scientists believe it is the polyphenols contained in it that are partially the reason.
5. Tea gives your immune system a boost so you can keep from getting various diseases or fight them off more easily. So if you have a sluggish immune system try some tea to see what happens.
6. Tea has anti-inflammatory qualities. You can place a cool tea bag on your eyes even to reduce puffiness that comes with a lack of sleep sometimes.
7. There have been studies done that prove that drinking tea each day lowers the risk from dying from a heart attack by a whopping 44 percent. This was by drinking 3 or more cups daily. This is because tea contains myricetin, kaempferol, and quercetin which are all flavanoids. In fact, drinking only 1 1/2 cups of tea daily has shown to lower the risk of having a heart attack by 40% compared to people that do not drink it.
8. Tea is a great digestive aid. After eating a meal, have a cup of tea to help your stomach digest your food more effectively. It can be used for relief of stomach cramps too.
These are just some of the benefits from drinking tea. It has been drunk for centuries in various parts of the world. If you are not a tea drinker right now, you should really become one so you can enjoy the advantages of consuming it.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6138640